Friday, June 22, 2007

Good Bye Car, Hello Van

This week has been a very busy week in the automobile department. We have been looking around for a van for the last couple of weeks, but have not felt rushed because we just wanted to have a van by the time the baby comes in October. But, on Monday we had the opportunity to get our van for a great price and we liked it, which made it even better. We have now entered a new class of drivers. We are so excited and thankful for the tender mercies of the Lord.


We were planning on selling our car when we got a van because we don't need a 2nd car for the next 4 years. It was hard to say good bye to our Camry. It has been such a good car for us.
It was amazing how fast we were able to sell it! We posted it on Craigs List on Tuesday night and had sold it by Wednesday at lunch. It was nice because then we could transfer the license plates and registration to our van.


This is our van! It is a 2004 Ford Freestar.

Posted by Picasa

12 comments:

Gwen said...

Nice Wheels!!! Congratulations on moving up into the van world. I thought maybe we would be entering the van world too sometime soon, but no such luck! Enjoy all that extra room!

The Ramptons said...

OH MY GOSH!!! You have a van! Yipee, you will love it! You know I went reluctantly to get my van, but I absolutely love it! Good for you girl. Now when I come visit we can take the all kids for a cruise in your hot ride. Congrats girl, welcome to the world of cute van driving moms.

Garrick, Holly & fam. said...

COngratulations. I'm glad to hear everything worked out so well. You know I love my van. I don't ever want to drive anything else (besides a newer van of course).

Ben and Robbie and family said...

Congrats! Mini vans are great. I made sure to at least wait until after my 5-year class reunion to buy one. :)

Amy said...

Oh my!! You've entered the van world!!! wow!! You must be loving it. Although i didn't feel old enough to be driving a mini van around i secretly LOVED it!!! Happy driving. Glad everything worked out so well for you guys!!

Anonymous said...

have a great daky!
-greg

Dakin said...

Yeah a Van! I'm glad you found one for a deal you couldn't pass by. Looks like a really nice car and its so NEW too! I'm impressed! We've loved our Van--this trip has been awesome with it. Its so nice to drive such a big comfy car. Happy Trails!

Elizabeth said...

Yeah!! I'm so glad you guys were able to find a van!! I'm sure you are going to love the room once your new little one arrives!

Lisa O said...

Wow! What a great find! The new van looks so nice and comfortable. Annie and Cameron will be riding in style now, along with one cute mamma behind the wheel!

rachellekc said...

I just have to agree with everyone else! You will love it, and there's no going back, now! Congrats and i'm glad it all worked out so well.

Alisa said...

Wow!! It's been way too long since I checked your blog!! There are a lot of updates!! Looks like life is fun and busy in NY!!

Heather said...

I love the van! IT was fun to talk to you and I can't wait for you to come in July!