Sunday, April 22, 2007

New Calling

I have a new calling in our ward. I am in the Primary as a teacher of the 7-8 yr. olds. I get to team teach with my friend Tina Stewart who I worked with in my previous calling. It is a class of six boys and I am sure that they will be angels. I am very excited to get to serve in Primary. For the two years that we been in Rochester I have been on the Enrichment committee in charge of the "Super Saturdays" or Craft days that happen 2 times a year. I have enjoyed that calling, but was running low on ideas. I think that it is always refreshing to get a new calling. If you have any tips or suggestions let me know!

7 comments:

Camie said...

Katie--you are the perfect primary teacher--they are lucky to have you! Enjoy!

Liz said...

kate, travis and i are primary teachers over four 10 year old boys. it is definitely an adventure but a lot of fun too. you're going to be such a fun teacher! let us know how it goes.

Elisa said...

6 boys, good luck! :) I'm sure you'll do great!

Gwen said...

You will be a GREAT primary teacher. I would give anything to be back in primary (as a teacher, not president again!) I would even rather take on all boys instead of adults in sunday school. How fun!!!! Good Luck! You really will be awesome!

Amy said...

Katie
I'm just getting caught up on the blogs! I love all the pictures and love that feeling of spring after a LONG cold winter. I know - it just makes you feel sooooo happy. Your kids are darling.
Enjoy your new calling and go eric in Bball!!
love you guys
amy

Jancisco said...

Katie, establish your authority early on. And be consistent. And teach them some of the songs from Aspen Grove. Like the Bobcats.

Amber Carter said...

I taught this age a while back ago and it is a great age. The boys I were hard to keep their attention, though. Hopefully yours will behave. :) But I think I tried to have too much serious lesson in the beginning and they would loose interest. Try to make things fun and present things in intersting ways. I'm sure you will do great!