Sunday, July 01, 2007

Hooray for Nursery!

Today was Cameron's first official day in nursery (he turned 18 months onWednesday). He went last week, but Eric stayed with him the whole time. This week Eric took him and dropped him off and he did great. He loved playing with the balls, cars, and crayons (see the mark on his face). We were so proud of him, of course you never know how they will do week to week, but for a first week he did awesome! There are 4 nurseries in our ward and so Cameron is in the youngest nursery and Annie is in one of the older nurseries. It is nice to have both kids in nursery because 18 months ago neither Annie or Cameron were nursery age. Time sure does fly!

Here is our handsome nursery boy!:) This was his first time wearing a tie and he really was not very excited about it. He cried for about 10 minutes when I put it on him, but eventually forgot about it and wore it for all of church. Cameron has really grown up a lot in the last couple months. He has lots of words that he knows and says. One of his favorite phrases is "Read it!" He loves to read books and would sit for hours if we had the time. He also loves to copy whatever Annie does and says. Today during the sacrament Eric was going to help Annie get her water and she said, "I'll do it by myself!" Before I could react Cameron was saying, "By self!" and grabbed a cup of water and dumped it all of over. He really is so sweet and lovable. He loves to laugh and wrestle with daddy!

Annie continues to be so funny in all the things she does and says. She is figuring out the days of the week, she will ask what day it is and especially likes to know when it is going to be nursery. Annie likes to tell us what her babies and stuffed animals and saying and doing (which usually make us laugh). Also she has a vivid imagination and is always pretending to be someone else. Some of her favorites are Fern, Wendy, Snow White, Tina (our friend), and princesses. Then the rest of us get to play characters that go along with who she is. She also likes to say that she lives in Idaho and then will ask me where I live. If I say Idaho, she says "Lets be friends!" It is impressive that she can keep it all straight. She can't wait for her birthday, preschool, and baby Megan to come.

Every Sunday for the last month or so, Annie and Cameron watch "Legacy" before church.
Don't they look cute!!!
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Ben and Robbie and family said...

You sound so happy and everyone looks so happy- (except you...we didn't get any pictures of you). We miss you and Eric and your kids. We know you're doing lots of fun things, but miss you when the family is doing fun things here. We can't wait for you to come this summer, and like Annie, we're excited for baby Megan to come.

The Ramptons said...

Too cute! I can't believe Cameron is already in nursery! What?! He was just born two weeks ago, or it seems. He is such a good looking boy. We do a pre-church movie too. We usually do the first vision video. Jack knows it by heart. Easy days for you at church now huh? Good timing. I am with Robbie, I want to see pictures of you!!

Liz said...

what a cute update katie! i wish i could have found some time to go up there before we head out to utah. i can't wait to see you guys then, though!!

Stacie Hawley said...

Hooray for Nursery...AMEN!! Bella wants to go to nursery so bad!! But she has another four months until she is old enough...I feel so bad because we walk by the nursery and all the kids are playing...and she looks at me like...Mom...I want to play in there!! Ha ha. I just can't believe she is already this old though...tiem sure flies!!

Elisa said...

Char just started nursery too, he went a couple of weeks early. The first time he was really good but this last week when they were about ten feet from the door Charles starting crying so hard and wouldn't let go of Scott :(

Alisa said...

How cute are they?!! Is baby Megan your baby?!!

Amber Carter said...

I love the pic with Cameron in the tie! Where did you find a tie his size? So cute! I didn't know your new baby had a name yet....Megan is a cute name :)

Amy said...

oh my gosh! Cameron is this giant teddy bear with pure white fuzz on top of his head. He looks darling in his tie. Your kids are darling and growing up fast!!

Garrick, Holly & fam. said...

Cameron looks like he could be starting kindergarten! I'm impressed you made him wear the tie. Kyle only wears a tie about half the time. Love you.