Tuesday, January 30, 2007

I'm too young to be a Grandma!

Annie is a great pretender. She pretends to be holding things or acts out situations. Her newest thing is to have everyone in the family be someone else that she knows. For example: Katie-Grandma, Eric-Grandpa, Annie-Joelle, and Cameron-baby Luke. Then she will continue to refer to us by those names. We were out running a few errands the other day and at the store Annie would only call me Grandma. "Grandma look at this!" "Hold my hand grandma." I am sure that more than one person thought, (Grandma just keep looking younger and younger these days).
Some of the other people that we get to be are Carrie, Bob, Nick and Rose Snedeker (Friends in Rochester). At first she wanted me to be Bob, but I eventually convinced that I would make a much better Carrie. I already play the part of Marcus, while she is Beck Beck, Cameron is Jack and Eric gets to be the new tiny, little baby (other friends in Rochester). Don't you wish you could play. The best is when I get to be Oreo. Oreo is Joelle's dog. Annie loves Oreo and tells me how much she misses him everyday. She will also say, "Oreo misses me mommy!" You just have to love 2 year olds!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Katie--I feel for you!! We went through a long stage when Lydia lived completely in a pretend world and she was always having us play with her too! My least favorite was being the kitty--I could only do that for a few minutes before I was going crazy!! You're such a great mom--thanks for sharing these cute stories!

Anonymous said...

Oops!! that was Camie posting that last comment!

Garrick, Holly & fam. said...

That's cute! Hannah is never herself either.

Ralph and Teresa said...

I enjoyed looking at all your blogs, Katie! I finally got to them!! Gotta love these kids!! They make life so worth living!! Busy, sometimes hectic, but so rewarding! I'm feeling a little lost as I redefine my purpose! I was so much more efficient and on top of things with all my kiddos around! I keep trying to decide my purpose now! It's strange! So, enjoy these great years!!

Alisa said...

HA! That is so great!! Everytime I think of Annie I seriously just want to squeeze her and cuddle her! Too cute!

Gwen said...

hey katie, It won't let me leave a comment on Cameron's 1st haircut post so I will leave it here: Congratulations Cam!!! There's just something about that 1st haircut! Wyatt's had a couple of them now and everytime I just can't believe how much more of a boy, rather than baby, he looks! Just make sure Annie isn't watching you cut his hair. It will put ideas into her head. You will have to read my latest post about Lydia's 1st haircut to see what I mean