Monday, June 25, 2012

Projects and Pinterest

 It has been fun to have a house to decorate and start using ideas that I have pinned to my boards on pinterest.  Here are just of the few things I have done so far.
  
Wreath on the pantry door
 Many people questioned why I would bring an old picnic table clear across the country.  I didn't think I would until the time came closer that I needed to give it up and I had this brilliant idea that I would just take it with us.  I love my old picnic table.  It holds so many memories and so many people.  Check out how the benches go clear around the table!  Awesome, right?  We gave it a nice bright blue coat of paint and it looks like new.  I love it!!!
BEFORE
AFTER
 When Teresa was in town we went to Tai Pan Trading to try to get things for our mantle.  I love how it turned out!
The 4th of July banner I made with a friend here.

4 comments:

Traci M said...

Whoa! It's hard to believe that's the same table! It looks great! I love the color!

WendyJ said...

I totally remember that table. I always thought how cool it was that the seating went all the way around. You are so lucky to live near so much family.

Meghan Smith said...

the mantel looks awesome! I am so glad we got that pot! The greens coming out of it are perfect too! very darling! & of course the wreath.. wonderful. it was so fun being together! miss you all, happy swimming :)

Meghan Smith said...

the mantel looks awesome! I am so glad we got that pot! The greens coming out of it are perfect too! very darling! & of course the wreath.. wonderful. it was so fun being together! miss you all, happy swimming :)