Saturday, June 23, 2012

Hiking the Y


 On Monday, June 4th, Eric flew back to Rochester, NY to defend his thesis.  We dropped him off at the airport in Salt Lake City and then went to Eric's parents house for the week.  They were gone until Tuesday evening.  On Monday Annie asked me if we were ever going to hike the Y in Provo and I told her probably not any time too soon.  On Tuesday morning I told the kids that I had a crazy idea and that we were going to hike the Y.  They were very excited and I started wondering what I had gotten myself in to.  We had only gone about 100 yards and they were already tired, but we pushed on.  We decided that "WE CAN DO HARD THINGS!"  We took lots of breaks and we sang, laughed, and cried, but we made it to the top!  Each of the kiddos was very proud of what they had done.  Cameron told me, "Mom thank you for letting us do this.  It was hard, but it was worth it!" 









 To celebrate what we did we went to the Creamery for ice cream!!!


1 comment:

Lisa C said...

You would hike the Y with just yourself and 5 kids! You look great and I'm glad you are getting your kids started loving all things BYU. James and Cameron can be roommates someday :)