Monday, May 23, 2011

Whipple Park Duathalon

On Saturday, May 21st, Whipple Park held a duathalon for the kids. They got to ride their bikes through an obstacle course and then run either a 1/2 mile or 1 mile. Annie, Cameron, and Megan all had a great time participating. Annie and Cameron ran the mile and Megan ran the 1/2 mile. Annie ran most of the mile walking just a couple of times. I ran with Megan and she pretty much ran the 1/2 mile even when she said her legs were really hurting. I told her that she was almost there and not to stop. I was pretty impressed with her little 3 year old legs. Cameron finished and did the 1 mile. He had to walk a few more times, but finished strong. They were rewarded with popcicles at the end which made it all worth it. Great job Annie, Cameron, and Megan!!!





3 comments:

Rachel Mae said...

Looks like fun! Cute shirts- too:)

Joelle said...

What fun!!!

Tobler Family said...

I just got on today to see if you found out what you are having. Congratulations on a little girl! Our pattern continued too... boy, boy, boy! We love you guys. Good luck and enjoy the summer!