Tuesday, May 10, 2011
Raccoons
We love living in a place that has exciting things that entertain us. The latest is the raccoon that was living in our attic. Yesterday, they set a trap on the roof to catch it which really got all of the kids excited. This morning Cameron went out bright and early and there was the raccoon asleep in the cage on the roof. Later the pest control guy came and got it down and then went into the attic and found 4 little baby raccoons as well. It is pretty amazing to me that a big raccoon can climb up the side of the building and chew a hole in the roof to find a nice place for her babies. All of the kids loved getting to see the mama and babies. The family will be taken to a place 20 miles away and released so she doesn't come back to her home here. Crazy!:)

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That thing is HUGE!! I'm so happy you took pics of the babies. Nothing like living in the woods. ;)
We had a raccoon in our attic when we lived there, but then they installed something on all the roofs that were supposed to prevent that from happening again. I guess it didn't work or they found a new way to get in there. They are sooooo loud aren't they? I'd hear it tromping around when I'd be up nursing. Good times.
Wow, that's awesome. :) I'm glad you're having so many fun adventures. :)
Post a Comment