Thursday, July 22, 2010

Happy Birthday James!

Today James turned 1! I can't believe it has been a full year already. But seeing how big he is I can't believe it's only been a year! The time has flown by. We love James. He has brought so much joy into our lives this past year. He is full of energy and makes us laugh. Annie, Cameron, and Megan love playing with James and he loves them. We're glad to have him in our family. It's been a great first year.
For his birthday he got a big car, bubble blowers, a toy truck, shoes, and clothes. Annie also gave him a nectarine (she couldn't think of what to give him but knew he likes nectarines so grabbed one to give him). I made him a "pail of sand" cake. James loved it and like eating with the shovel.

 

 

What was his favorite present? The nectarine, of course! Here he is enjoying it sitting on his new car.
 

 
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

KeriLyn and Matthew said...

I love the cake!!! I have never seen such a thing....very cute!!! And, I can't believe he is 1!!!

Rebe said...

I love that picture with the nectarine! What a cutie- I can't believe he's already 1.

Shelly said...

I was totally shocked to see the title of this post! Has it really been a year??! Way too fast. Happy Birthday James!

esmiley said...

Super cute cake! I can't believe he's one either!

Elizabeth said...

Wow, you guys have been busy, but it looks like you've had a lot of fun! Happy Birthday, James...and Eric!!

The Favorite said...

Happy Birthday!!!
This year has gone by quick- it was just yesterday we were talking in your basement about how we liked the name "James" and then you had him like the next day and now he's one!
He is such a cutie- we're going to come play with you soon if that's alright.