Friday, May 16, 2008

Whipple Park Walkers

Every morning at 8 a.m. we start our day with a 3 to 4 mile walk with our friends. The kids love it and I get a workout, which makes it a perfect combination. There are usually 5 to 7 moms that go each day. I have been thinking back to where my walking days began and it all started with Teresa, Eric's mom, in Kansas the summer before we moved to Rochester. We would go out for a walk every morning with Annie. Thank you Teresa! Then when we moved here I wanted to keep my walking going and knew it would be a lot more enjoyable with some company. So I asked around to see if anyone would be interested and I found Rebecca. We walked faithfully even into the cold winter months until I had Cameron in December and then started back up in the early Spring. From then on we started having more and more moms and kids join us for our walks in the morning. Now it has been three years since I started walking and there is no stopping me and my triple jogger (which I am so glad that I got!). Life is good when you are exercising and socializing outside with your friends!:)
Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Camie said...

Katie--
what a great picture!! I'm so glad you captured your walking group. And good for you for keeping it up!

Jami said...

Katie-

I have been debating and debating about getting a triple stroller. Maybe you just convinced me. :) You are so cute with your three kids! Can you take the stroller other places or does it only really work outside in wide open areas?

Liz said...

you have done such a great job at walking every morning!! i'm still looking for some good walking partners, but love it when i get the chance!

Lisa C said...

I've been waiting for someone to post this picture. I'm really sad I wasn't there that day! Can you email me a copy of this picture though? Thanks!

Elizabeth said...

I LOVE this picture!! You're so lucky to have a fun walking group. Sounds like fun!

Keriann said...

I too have been walking with a bunch of people in Toledo since I moved here. It is great exercise. I looked at your picture close up, and I went to high school with Aimee Wood, who is in the pink next to you! What a small world! Just thought I would let you know.

Alisa said...

love this picture!! the best part is you with your TRIPLE stroller....can't beat that!

Heather said...

Katie I love the triple stroller!

esmiley said...

Probably one of the top things I miss about Whipple Park is the morning walks...I loved chatting with everyone, I LOVED the fantastic pace Katie set for everyone (even when 8 months pregnant!), there's nothing quite like it. I tried to organize some girls around here...it was okay but not quite up to par with the "Whipple Walking Women" (that's what Kevin called us).

Nadia and Jeremy said...

If you guys only knew how much you scared some of the people who drive by you, you would laugh. One of our friends told us that he would never play "chicken" with you guys because you would always win. I also thought about you when we moved out to Albuquerque...i was thinking i'd like to see how fast you could walk up our road (it's a mountain after all) and know it would be a lot faster than me! glad you guys are still doing it.