
Of course when someone is 97 years old you wonder how much longer they will be with you, but it still came as a shock for me this morning that President Hinckley had passed away. I read the email and then didn't know what to do. I love President Hinckley! He has been the prophet of our church for half of my life and so he is the prophet that I remember and has had a profound influence on our church, the world, and me personally. I loved hearing him speak. I have had the opportunity to be in his presence on a number of occassions in the Tabernacle and Conference Center for conference, young women's broadcast, R.S. broadcast, and the Christmas devotional. Also in the Marriot Center for devotionals and graduation. He made me laugh, ponder, and truly want to be a better person.
President Hinckley accomplished so many things while being President of the Chuch of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Building so many temples, which has really blessed our lives here in Rochester, NY where we only have to travel 40 minutes to a temple. He has traveled all over the world. He initiated the Perpetual Education Fund and built the Conference Center. President Hinckley gave us the Book of Mormon challenge that definately increased my faith and testimony. The list could go on and on. I have enjoyed reading the articles about his service and his life.
I love this picture of President Hinckley and his beautiful wife Marjorie. It reminds me of how happy they are to be reunited again and of their sweet loving relationship. Also it reminds me of when we saw President Hinckley this past summer in the Days of '47 parade. Annie and Cameron love seeing it on the video and always wave and say, "Hi, President Hinckley." Even at such a young age they knew President Hinckley and understand what a special person he was.I have a testimony of the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and know that its teachings are true. I know that President Hinckley was a true prophet of the church and received revelation for us. I am grateful for his testimony and love. He will be missed by all!
3 comments:
What a nice post this was....thank you, Katie.
That's so cool your kids are already so familiar with the prophet - good job. They are adorable by the way!!! I can't believe you already have 3 of them. Way to go!
Thank you Katie,
MOM
Post a Comment