Friday, September 01, 2006

Missionary Moment

Whipple Park is installing a new fire alarm system in all of the buildings and so there have been a lot of workers in and out the last few days. On Wednesday one of the men named Randy found out that I was "Mormon" and started asking a lot of questions about Jake Smith meaning Joseph Smith, the Book of Mormon, and just what we believe. I have never had quite that experience. I just happen to have a Book of Mormon sitting on the desk when he was asking me questions and so one of the times he came back I told him he could have the Book of Mormon if he would like. He said he would take it as long as I was sure it was okay. I also let him know that in our church we have missionaries that would be able to answer more of his questions. So he gave me his card with all of his info. He a hard time believing a lot of the stuff, but at least he is willing to learn more. I realized how intimidating being a missionary can be, but also how exciting it is to share something that you know is true with someone else. I love this gospel!!!

4 comments:

Camie said...

Katie--
That is awesome! Great experience you had. And you can even tell people all of this story with Joseph Smith happened so close to your home!

Liz said...

Katie- Don't you love living in the mission field?! That's awesome and good for you. I have noticed living here that we have had so many opportunities to share the gospel with our friends and my co-workers. It's great!

Alisa said...

YEAH!! Missionary work! That's so cool Katie! You'll have to keep up with him if you can and find out if it goes anywhere.

Anonymous said...

Katie,

Over the years I have had many opportunities like that with people who come into our home to repair things, etc. You will find you want to have lots of those $3.00 videos hanging around at some point. One year I can't tell you how many Luke I videos I gave out as Christmas gifts to neighbors, Orkin man, plumber, etc. I hadn't intended to...just came up like your conversation did! Good for you! Teresa