Monday, May 24, 2010

13.1 miles, 3.1 miles, 1 mile

On Saturday, May 15th, we ran a lot of miles in our family. I decided to run my own half marathon because I had not been able to do the one that I had trained for on May 1st and it is really hard to find race on Saturdays around here. It was a little bit harder to motivate myself to run 13.1 miles all by myself, but I am so glad that I did it. My goal had been to do it in 2:10 and I came in at 2:09.51. I felt great about my time and was just so happy that I finished. I had planned my route to end up at Cameron's preschool where I met up with Eric and the kids to do a Run for Fun. Eric ran the 5k and came in with a time of 22:56 and I ran/walked a mile loop with the kids. Annie and Cameron did a great job and ran most of the mile and finished under 14 minutes. We had a great morning.

 

 

 

 
Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Jancisco said...

Katie,
you totally rock!

Annie said...

I'm so glad you found one to run! Especially on a Saturday. Congratulations!

Alisa said...

wow! good for you katie! i'm so impressed you did it on your own! congrats on your first 1/2 marathon!

Heather said...

Way to go Katie! I can't wait to run with you in the fall :)

Rebe said...

Yea Katie! I am so happy you did your own half. In September, we can all run it together!

Traci M said...

So really you ran 14.1 miles. That's a lot of running. And that picture of you flexing your muscles reminded me not to get into a fight with you. I'm pretty sure I would lose. Congrats on finishing and getting the time you wanted!

Elizabeth said...

Katie, I am seriously impressed!!! I was sad to hear about your original race, but I'm glad you ran you 13.1 miles. I want to be just like you, nice work!

KeriLyn and Matthew said...

How cool! Good for you guys! Keep up the running!

amy stansel said...

Yay katie!! Congrats on completing your 13.1 miles!! I know it wasn't when you had planned but you did it and in a good time!! I'm impressed you still did it!!

KevandChels said...

that's awesome. i was bummed for you when i read that you were sick on the morning of your other race! but good for you making your own race!!! also, fun idea surprising eric with a date night.