I know a few of you have been wondering how everything went the day that James was born and so I will give a few of the details. I woke up early (3am) on Wednesday morning not feeling great and having a hard time sleeping. I stayed in bed for awhile, but then decided to just get up and get some things done. I did some laundry, cleaned up the kitchen and took a bath. The contractions got a little more intense and never went away. I finally decided to call the doctor at 5am after reminding myself that I had my last baby at home. I felt a little silly because I didn't feel like I was in labor enough to be going in. The doctor said to come in and get checked because of my history. We called my friend Joy to come over (I am guessing she was surprised to see me at the door happy and not looking at all like I was in labor) and then headed out. We stopped to get gas in the car on the way because we were running on empty. We got to the hospital about 5:45am and I was dilated to 5 cm and my contractions were still coming quite regular. I got moved over to a room and shortly after got my epidural. The doctor came in about 8:30am or so and broke my water. James was born at 9:27am. It really was perfect. After my other deliveries this is just what I needed and the best part is we have a healthy, beautiful baby!
Saturday, July 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
When I told Sarah that you'd had your baby, she said, "Did she make it to the hospital this time?" :) Glad to hear everything went well!
Hooray! A normal labor and delivery in the hospital and with an epidural--you deserve it Katie!
Congratulations! And I'm glad everything went smooth and well.
Post a Comment