Saturday, April 04, 2009

New Apostle

I love General Conference! It is so wonderful to hear the prophet, apostles, and leaders of our church speak. I always feel uplifted and ready to be a better person and make adjustments to what I am currently doing. We are so lucky to have a living prophet on the earth to lead and guide us. Another thing that I find extra exciting is when a new apostle is being called. Today Elder Neil L. Andersen was called as the newest member of the quorum of the twelve apostles. There was a little added excitement to this call because he is my dad's younger brother. Which makes him my uncle. Uncle Neil is an amazing man and I know that this call came from God. My cute grandma said, "I don't feel proud that Neil is the new apostle, I feel JOYOUS!"


12 comments:

Charity said...

Thats neat!

Marie W said...

We were feeling "joyous" too! What wonderful news!

Jancisco said...

Get out of the boat! Did you know ahead of time or were you just gasping in amazement in real time?

That is so fantastic.

Amber Carter said...

My dad was telling me that he was your uncle earlier today. That is awesome! So is he Jacob's dad or is it a different uncle?

Elisa said...

For the last couple of years, whenever we'd see Neil Anderson get up and speak in conference Scott and I would say, "There's Katies' uncle", and now he's an apostle! Amazing! You must feel very blessed to have an apostle as a family relation.

KeriLyn and Matthew said...

I was thinking about you yesterday as we heard him called. I can tell he is a neat, neat man....very humble, and very willing to continue to serve.

amy stansel said...

oh katie that is neat. I leaned over to andy when he was called and not remembering your dad's name or what he looked like I said, "do you think that's katie's dad?" (He has your smile)That is really exciting!! love you guys!

Nadia and Jeremy said...

wow, that's so neat. it's kind of funny because i've always had a few friends who have been relatives of apostles...there was a friend in my married ward whose grandfather in law is elder ballard. one of my best friends in utah was a great grand niece of brother haight, and now you!

was it a total surprise when he was called?

Traci M said...

Wow, that's really cool!

Emy said...

Hurray for your uncle! I saw part of his press broadcast and I really liked him.

Than and Erica said...

That is so awesome! Now I feel connected to him! :) So, did you know? I'm curious.

Dave and Kathryn Dodds said...

Wow! What a great connection! We were really excited about him being called and we didn't even know that you were relatives! We already think the world of you, so I can only imagine he's pretty amazing! I'm sure he was a little taken back...you'll have to tell us some of the details sometime! We're praying for him!