Tuesday, October 17, 2006

I love the fall!












There is something refreshing about the crisp, cool air of fall. I love the changing leaves falling all around and the cool breeze that accompanies each morning walk. I love experiencing all 4 of the seasons. I love the warm soup recipes and the pumpkin bread.

Here are two of my favorites:

Vegetable Medley Soup
from Grandma Wanda Roberts

4 tsp chicken granule
3 cups water
5 cups potatoes
2 1/2 cups brocolli
1 cup onion
1 cup carrots
salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste
*Cook until done then add ham and white sauce

Ham (as much as you want or leave out for vegetarian)

White Sauce
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup flour
*Cook on medium and stir 2 minutes
Add in 4 cups milk
*Boil and stir 2 minutes until thickened

Add cheese before serving!

Pumpkin Bread
from Camie Christensen

1 1/2 c. sifted flour
2 tsp. soda
3/4 tsp. cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
3/4 tsp. salt
1 1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. oil
2 eggs
1/3 c. water
1 c. pumpkin

Sift together dray ingredients including sugar. Make a well in dry ingredients in mixing bowl. Add remaining ingredients. Mix together until smooth.

Grease and flour 9x5x3 loaf pan.
Bake at 350 degrees for 50 min.

Yields 1 large loaf and 1 small loaf.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE FALL TOO!! Seriously, this is my favorite time of year and we have been enjoying it. The pictures of your kiddos are darling and I really love your new haircut!

Liz said...

How are the colors up your way? Ours aren't as great as I was hoping but I still do love this time of year. Can't wait to see you guys so soon!

Liz said...

How are the colors up your way? Ours aren't as great as I was hoping but I still do love this time of year. Can't wait to see you guys so soon!

Alisa said...

Looks like Liz REALLY wanted to know about those colors...

These pictures are so cute! Your kids are beautiful! Not to mention their mother...Katie....you look beautiful! Ok Eric, you're beautiful too! Seriously though, you look so great!

Anonymous said...

Katie--
I didn't know I had a pumpkin bread recipe! Thanks for reminding me!
Those leaves are so gorgeous that your kids are in! Thanks for sharing those great pictures!

Joelle said...

I love the picture of you and Annie. You look beautiful! I love your haircut.